APRIL 19 2007 15:11h
Alenka Kosisa Cicin-Sain brought up 15 examples of direct deals for various jobs worth a total of 107 million kunas.
During question time at a meeting of the city assembly, HNS’s member of the city assembly, Alenka Kosisa Cicin-Sain, called upon Milan Bandic for the direct deals for work in the city which are worth much more than 200,000 kuna, which is the limit which the law allows for no public competition.
Direct deal worth 107 million kuna
- Are you aware that the construction of the road with storm water drainage in Branimirova Street from Crvenog Kriza Street to Zavrtnica, worth 10 million kunas was directly awarded to the company Viadukt? – asked Alenka Kosisa Cicin-Sain, listing examples of direct deals whose total value is 107 million kunas.
Bandic answered, that as far as he knows, everything was done according to the law, and if it was not, he is not responsible for it.
- We gave reports of all deals and transactions, a committee was formed, and if somebody did something against the law, they will suffer the consequences – answered the mayor, adding that he is not Atila – the whip of God”.
Miroslav Rozic from HSP complained about the contracts which the city made with Zagreb’s waste water company, according to which all investments fall on the backs of the citizens.
- Why the cost of making a new model of tariffs which costs one million and three hundred thousand kuna is not shared with ZOV, but the citizens have to pay for it all? – asked Rozic. He mentioned that the city makes harmful contracts and that there is no concessionaire without risk.
Bandic answered that the ecologic standards cost, and that it does not mean that contracts harmful to the citizens have been signed.
- Owners of small one room apartments will not pay the same as owners of villas in Tuskanec. We are negotiating with the concessionaire – said Bandic.
Where are the utility workers?
Margareta Maderic, a member of HDZ mentioned the problem of parks which are not cleaned, and opened the question of the state of the parks.
- We are all witnesses of recent warnings of educators to not bring children to sandpits, that they are attacked by dogs, citizens with no conscience who do not clean up after their dogs. Where are the utility workers who are responsible for maintaining public areas? –asked Maderic.
Bandic answered her, that he would also like to know and that he will make sure that the system starts to function.
- Every day until five or six I act as a utility worker warning of problems that I see on the field. Utility workers have to wear a uniform so that citizens know who to contact – said Bandic. He promised that this will be the practice starting from next Monday.
Barbeque at Pescenica
Katarina Fucek mentioned the problem of Pescenica, in which work concerning the closing of the sewer has not been completed yet, even though Bandic promised that he would attend a barbeque for the end of construction.
Bandic mentioned that six years ago, the citizens of Pescenica were third class citizens, and that in eight months time, when construction is complete, they will be first class citizens.