MAY 9 2012 20:37h
After rumors which have been around for a year, the former Minister of Interior Tomislav Karamarko, who is a candidate for the president of HDZ, confirmed to the reporters of dalje.hr that he was divorced.
- I got divorced a year ago – Karamarko said. He didn’t mention it before because no one had asked about it. He didn’t start talking about it this time either. The reporters of dalje.hr asked him about his private life.
He didn’t want to talk about the details as he hadn’t talked about it before. He thinks that the most personal things should be left personal. He also thinks that his family life is his own business. However, he pointed out that he remained in the good relationship with his ex-wife Enisa and with his kids. He has two children, a son and a daughter.
- It’s about my private life and I wouldn’t like to talk about it. I get on well with my ex-wife and I don’t want to say more about it because of her and because of my children. Therefore, I would like to ask you and other reporters to respect my private life and the life of my family – Karamarko said.
When asked about his children, the former Minister of Interior said that he met them whenever he could and whenever his current activities and current campaign let him.
- I have a good relationship with my kids and I see them whenever it’s possible – the candidate for the president of HDZ points out.
Tomislav Karamarko has been hiding his private life from the public. There were no photos of his wife or any other photos in the media. The reason for this is probably the fact that he has been working in the police and the intelligence service agency. He was also the former Minister of Interior.
His ex-wife Enisa Karamarko was secretive as well. She works in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as the head of the department for Africa and Middle East. Her colleagues have only nice words for her.
-She is an extremely energetic person. She sometimes even seems big-headed but not because of Karamarko. She has never been hiding behind his name. She has been in this job for a long time and she is highly competent - our source from the Ministry said.
Moreover, she played a big and successful role in returning Croatian workers from Tunisia and Libya when the political turmoil started there.
- Together with Vinko Ljubicic, who is the head of consular affairs, she managed to save our workers from there – our source continued.
She doesn’t want to stick out, but she is really a hard worker, as he said.
- She has the authority and she has the knowledge. She is ready to fight and she doesn’t compromise.
Enisa Karamarko is the daughter of Professor Osman Muftic who was the first Croatian Minister of Science and Ambassador in Iran. He died two years ago.